Faculty of Agriculture & Technology
The Faculty of Agriculture and Technology strives to make science work for the benefit of humanity and the environment. Our scientific achievements and our problem-focused research and development activities will ensure the continued relevance of our research and our graduates to the agricultural industry and economic development of the time.
The Faculty consists of four dynamic departments: Department of Animal Science and Technology, Department of Crop Science and Horticulture Technology, Department of Extension and Agribusiness and Centre for Sustainable Development and Poverty Alleviation. The following seven four-year (Honours) degrees are offered: BSc in Animal Science Technology, BSc in Wildlife Resources Management, BSc in Crop Science and Technology, BSc in Horticulture and Technology, BSc in Crop Post Harvest and Technology, BSc in Agribusiness, BSc in Agricultural Extension and Rural Development, one-year certificate and two-year Diploma in Sustainable Development and Poverty Alleviation.
The Centre for Sustainable Development and Poverty alleviation endeavours to unlock the challenges that people, particularly the marginalized face in trying to earn an adequate and resilient standard of living in an environment that is characterized by poverty and lack of job opportunities.
The Faculty has two large farms for production and experiments, where commercial production, practical training and applied research are conducted. A Centre of excellence for technological innovation in dairy production and processing is envisaged for the purposes of research, training, learning and income generation.
The faculty of Agriculture and Technology is committed to provide professional scientific training and produce highly competitive, innovative and skilled graduates with Christian values and ethics in all facets of agriculture.
Animal Science & Technology
* BSc (Hons) Animal Science Technology
* BSc (Hons) Wildlife Resources Management
Crop Science & Horticulture
* BSc (Hons) Crop Science & Technology
* BSc (Hons) Horticulture & Technology
* BSc (Hons) Crop Post Harvest and Technology
Extension & Agribusiness
* BSc (Hons) Agribusiness
* BSc (Hons) Agricultural Extension & Rural Development
Center for Sustainable Development & Poverty Alleviation
* Certificate - Sustainable Development & Poverty Alleviation (1 year)
* Diploma - Sustainable Development & Poverty Alleviation (2 years)
- 2 A’ Level passes in any natural science subjects (or approved equivalent as determined by Solusi University, and
- 5 O’ Level passes, including English, Mathematics, and a Science subject
- International students may be admitted upon fulfillment of their countries’ university entrance requirements, and Solusi University PreUniversity requirements (For countries where A’ Level Courses are not available).
- A limited number of individuals may be accepted based on Mature Age examination, and/or professional qualification and related work experience.
Duration of Programmes
A period of four years is the minimum requirement for all undergraduate Honours degree programmes offered in the Faculty of Agriculture & Technology. In order to graduate with a Bachelor of Science Honours degree, students are expected to successfully complete a total of between 106 to 120 credits.
In order to expose students to the world of work and to assist them in development of careers, all students are expected to register for industrial attachment for a period of not less than 10 months. Other career development events are organized by the University from time to time including a job placement fair for graduating students.