Faculty of Theology & Religious Studies
Preparing men and women for service to God and to society, is our greatest joy and honor.Prof. Zvandasara N.
It gives us great pleasure as the Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies to welcome you and say a few things about who we are and what we do. Our Faculty has six full-time lecturers and more than fifteen part-time lecturers. Our lecturers are God-fearing men and women that are well-qualified to teach in their areas of expertise and hold advanced and terminal degrees from reputable and world-class institutions.
While our primary offerings are a BA in Theology for prospective pastors, and a BA in Religious Studies for those interested in teaching, we also offer general courses to the other four Faculties in the University both on and off-campus. Our students are drawn from Zimbabwe and its neighboring countries. Our Faculty has several outreach programs that offer students opportunity to engage with the surrounding communities. Annually the Faculty conducts evangelistic campaigns nationally and internationally.
To develop and prepare theologians and scholars in Religion, through instruction and fellowship to serve God, the church and society as commissioned by the Lord Jesus Christ.
* Bachelor of Arts in Theology
* Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies with Minor
* Bachelor of Education in Religious Studies
* Minor in Religion
* Chaplaincy with Religious Studies Certificate
- 2 A’ Level passes (or approved equivalent as determined by Solusi University, and
- 5 O’ Level passes, one of which must be English Language.
- International students may be admitted upon fulfillment of their countries’ university entrance requirements, and Solusi University PreUniversity requirements (For countries where A’ Level Courses are not available).
- A limited number of individuals may be accepted based on Mature Age examination, and/or professional qualification and related work experience.
Duration of Programmes
A period of four years is the minimum requirement to complete a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theology having completed at least 140 credits.
As a pure liberal arts academic degree, a Bachelor of Arts in Religious Studies may be completed within 6 semesters or 3 academic years having successfully completed a minimum of 109 credits.
Degrees offered by our faculty give ample opportunities for graduates to be employed in and out of the church setting. The department of theology equips students with professional training to serve the Church in its various organizational structures while the Department of religious Studies provides students with academic qualifications leading to various forms of service such as teaching religion in schools, counselling, health, legal and social services.