COMPUTER & MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS
MCom, MBA, PGDE, BBA CMIS
- Tipson Maleti – MCom IS, MBA, BTech (Hons) IT, DipEd
- Fanwell Ncube – MCom IS, MBA, BBA CMIS
- Melisa Magwizi – MSc IS,BBA C&MIS
- Fine Masimba – MScIS , BSc Information Systems
- Thembekile A. Shariwa – MSc IS, PGDMS, BBA CMIS
- Braiton U. Mukhalela – MCom IS, BSc CIS
- Emily T. Mawoyo – MBM E-Business,MBA,BBA C&MIS BCom
- Fine Bhebhe – MBA, BSc, BS&CS
- Application development: programming, systems analysis and design
- Hardware and software support
- Data administration
- IT training and marketing
- Information systems management, network administration, and information technology consulting
Another objective is to prepare students for graduate studies in information systems, computer science and any other related fields.
To be eligible for admission, a candidate is expected to have
- 5 O’ levels including Mathematics and English Language
- 2 points in 2 relevant A’ Level subjects
For students coming from countries where ‘A’ Levels are not offered, one will be considered for admission if they qualify for entry into university in their home countries. However, if admitted, the students must spend the first year in the Pre-University programme.
Applicants with 5 O’Levels including Mathematics and English Language, without A’ Level but with a National Diploma in Information Systems, Computer or Business related areas may also be admitted into the BBA C&MIS programme.
Prospective students from countries that accept ‘O’-levels for university entry are
required to complete the Pre-University programme during their first year at the University (see section for Pre-University Programme in the Bulletin).
The department does accept a limited number of students based on the Mature Age Examination, and/or professional qualification and related work experience. Generally, the number of such students shall not exceed two percent of the total enrolment in the Faculty of Business in a given year (see the section for Mature Age Entrance requirement in the Bulletin).
Requirements for Minor: Over and above meeting the Solusi University requirements for taking a minor, at least a B grade in ‘O’ level Mathematics is required.
The Computer & Management Information Systems Department offers the following:
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) in Computers & Management Information Systems (C&MIS)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours in Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Minor in Management Information Systems
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (HONS) IN MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEGREE REQUIREMENTS
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
ORIE 100: Orientation (0 Credits)
WOED 121-122: Work Education (0 Credits)
HLED 115: Healthier Living (2 Credits)
HIST 276: Selected Themes in Zimbabwean History (2 Credits)
RELB 180: Studies in the Gospels (3 Credits)
RELH 360: Seventh-day Adventist Heritage (2 Credits)
RELT 215: Philosophy of Christian Education (2 Credits)